Gigwalk is a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows you to find quick jobs (“Gigs”) in your area. A Gig is represented by a pin on the map in our mobile application and can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours to complete and pay anywhere from $3 to $100. Clients see the work Gigwalkers submit through the app on our back-end Gigwalk platform.
Have a question not answered in this FAQ? Having trouble on a Gig? You can reach support by visiting our Support Page.
1. A Gigwalk software customer posts work as “Gigs” that show up on the map and Gig list in the Gigwalk app.
2. You find Gigs in your area that look like a good fit.
3. You apply for a Gig by clicking the “Apply to this Gig” button.
4. You are notified that your application has been selected and given detailed instructions for completing the work.
5. You complete the work and submit it through the Gigwalk app.
6. The customer reviews your work and either approves it or may ask you a quick follow-up question or two.
7. Once approved, you get paid directly to your PayPal account!
Gigs are primarily posted by consumer brands and retailers seeking on-the-ground visibility into the conditions of their products or events across multiple locations. They are looking to verify products are available on the shelf and displayed/priced correctly or that marketing events are done accurately and on-time. Most Gigs require you to document your work and product/event compliance or noncompliance through geo-tagged photos.
Yes. We need to be able to locate you when you use the Gigwalk app, and you’ll need to be able to take photos inside the app. When you install the app, it will ask for all needed permissions, so be sure to answer YES. If you’re having problems then make sure the following settings are correct on your phone before you get started:
Check that Location Settings are on – your phone may not match it exactly. Contact your phone manufacturer if you need assistance:
How to: Enable GPS and Other Location Services [Beginners’ Guide]
For best results, please make sure that all location services options in your phone are enabled (usually there are three).
1) Go to your iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Make sure Location Services is ON, and then scroll down to Gigwalk and make sure it is marked ON as well.
2) Go to your iPhone Settings > Privacy > Photos. Scroll down to Gigwalk and make sure it is marked ON.
Gigwalk is not currently available on any other devices besides iPhone and Android smartphones.
All payments are securely processed from the customer through Paypal – the leading payments provider with advanced fraud protection.
Please go to www.paypal.com to set up an account.
You will need to confirm your e-mail address and verify your bank account to complete the registration process
You will then need to add your PayPal email (which can be different from your Gigwalk Profile email) to your Gigwalk Account through the app.
When permission is required, you can show the retail manager a Credential Letter (or Letter of Authorization) provided by the customer authorizing you to perform the work. This letter can be accessed directly through the Gigwalk app, inside the Gig Instructions.
If you are ever asked by store management to leave, even after presentation of the Credential Letter, please do so immediately and respectfully.
Each Gigwalker has a performance score based on several factors, including such things as successfully completing Gigs and activity level. This score allows Gigwalk to match more complex and higher-paying jobs with more talented Gigwalkers. Thus, as you raise your performance score, you will increase your chances of being selected for higher-paying Gigs.
To boost your Gigwalk performance score and earn as much extra cash as possible, be thorough and professional about the work that you do and submit. When a customer sees that you consistently do good work for them, they have the ability to add you to their private workforce. This grants you access to private Gigs available only for this group.
Thanks for visiting.
How It Works
Retail & Merchandising
Consulting & Market Research
• • •
539 Bryant Street, Suite 401
San Francisco, CA 94107